Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Manga Début||Chapter 41|
|Anime Début||Episode 33 (1999)|
|English||Angie Beers (1999)|
|Japanese||Yuko Maekawa (1999)|
|Height||150 cm |
|Weight||31 kg |
|Blood Type||A |
|Nationality||Republic of Padokia|
Phantom Troupe member #4
Kalluto has a silent and obedient personality, often seen doing what his mother Kikyo and eldest brother Illumi tell him. He has also admitted to himself that he is sadistic and that he is used to enduring. While he has a very good relationship with his mother, he is said to be envious of his older brother Alluka, for some reason that has yet to be revealed.
Kalluto has shoulder-length black hair. In the 1999 anime adaptation his eyes are violet. There is a noticeable mole below the left corner of his mouth. He is usually seen wearing a kimono.
There is a relatively common misconception that Kalluto is female. However, despite wearing a kimono, typically a traditional dress for Japanese women, Kalluto is a boy:
- Kalluto has referred to himself using the normally masculine pronoun boku (ぼく or 僕) multiple times.
- His older brother Milluki calls him younger brother (弟).
- The 2004 Databook says that he is a boy with the tidbit: 「将来性豊かな着物少年 (!?)」 (lit. A kimono-wearing boy (!?) with a lot of prospects).
Zoldyck Family arcEdit
Kalluto first appears accompanying Kikyo Zoldyck to meet Gon, Kurapika and Leorio on a path leading to the Zoldyck mansion when they are trying to rescue Killua from being confined at Kukuroo Mountain. After a short conversation between his mother and the trio, he leaves with her, but not before giving the trio a seemingly angry stare.
Yorknew City arcEdit
Kalluto appears again in the Yorknew City arc, in which he and his great-great grandfather Maha assist his big brother Illumi in the assassination of the Ten Mafia Dons, who have placed large bounties on the Phantom Troupe's heads. He later acts as a decoy to help Illumi switch places with Hisoka in the Troupe's hideout, as Hisoka hires Illumi to disguise as himself so that he will be able to leave without being noticed and fight Chrollo Lucilfer.
Greed Island arcEdit
During the time the Phantom Troupe is on Greed Island in search of an exorcist, Kalluto is introduced again, this time as Hisoka's replacement in the Troupe. It is his abilities that helped them successfully find the exorcist, Abengane. Even though he has a perfect Zetsu, his presence is still detected by Hisoka, who goes on to praise him for having a lot of potential.
Chimera Ant arcEdit
Several months later, when the Phantom Troupe attacks Zazan's colony in Meteor City, Kalluto fights a Chimera ant, and he kills him by slowly tearing him to shreds. It is then revealed that he joined the Troupe with the intention of bringing back an older brother of his. He anticipated that he would rise to the number 2 position in the Troupe very quickly, but is left in awe of the Phantom Troupe's combat proficiency and has to admit to himself that his own skills are still too lacking compared to theirs to achieve that objective. However, he swears to keep enduring until he can bring back his brother, no matter how long it will take.
As a Zoldyck child who often participates in his family's assassination missions, it is probable that Kalluto has been trained since a very young age in assassination and possesses a strong resistance to poisons, a high tolerance to electricity, great agility and physical strength, and advanced assassination techniques.
- Surveillance Paper Dolls: By attaching a piece of confetti to a person's body and creating a paper doll of that person, Kalluto can secretly listen to anything said within the vicinity of them.
- Paper Fan Blade: With Shu, Kalluto can use a paper fan as a cutting instrument capable of cutting steel with ease.
- Dancing Serpent's Bite (蛇咬の舞 (ダコウのまい) Meandering Dance): Whenever a piece of confetti finds a weak point on an enemy's body, Kalluto can send a concentrated stream of confetti snaking through the air, piercing into the weak point.
- According to Yoshihiro Togashi, Kalluto's design was inspired by Hotaru Tomoe from Sailor Moon.
- Kalluto appears earlier in the 1999 anime than in the manga. When Gon is about to be killed by Mike, he signals to Mike to come to his side by whistling, thus unintentionally saving Gon's life. This occurrence is not in the manga.
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Vol 22, p.58
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Vol 22, p.87
- ↑ Ch 326, p.5
- ↑ Vol 17, p. 111
- ↑ Vol 22, p.43
- ↑ Ch 323, p.3
- ↑ Vol 5, p.123
- ↑ Vol 5, p.139
- ↑ Vol 11, p.132
- ↑ Vol 13, p.18-19
- ↑ Vol 12, p.183
- ↑ Vol 13, p.46
- ↑ Vol 17, p.114
- ↑ Vol 22, p.35-36
- ↑ Vol 22, p.42
- ↑ Vol 22, p.42-44
- ↑ Ep 33 (1999)